Social media users are shocked as Meghan meets Queen and Charles

How has she got the front to face them after all she’s said? Social media users are shocked as Meghan meets Queen and Charles for the first time since Megxit and the ‘royal racist’ row

  • Duke and Duchess of Sussex finally returned to Britain after quitting as royals
  • They left the firm reeling with accusations in their score-settling Oprah interview
  • Royal watchers on Twitter were critical of the visit amid so much controversy 

Social media users expressed their shock last night after Meghan Markle met the Queen and Prince Charles for the first time since Megxit and the ‘royal racist’ row. 

The Duchess of Sussex, along with husband Harry, finally returned to Britain this week after acrimoniously quitting as working royals.

The couple then left the royal family reeling with their score-settling Oprah interview in which they accused an unnamed senior royal of racism. 

Meghan last saw the Queen at an awkward Commonwealth Day service on March 8 2020 but has claimed since to regularly speak to her on the phone and over video calls.

But royal watchers on Twitter were critical of the visit against the backdrop of so much controversy.

One wrote: ‘How has she got the front to face them after all she’s said?’

Another added: ‘Think they would have been booed if it had been announced.’

Social media users expressed their shock last night after Meghan Markle met the Queen and Prince Charles for the first time since Megxit and the ‘royal racist’ row

The couple then left the royal family reeling with their score-settling Oprah interview in which they accused an unnamed senior royal of racism

Harry, 37, has not seen his grandmother in person since Prince Philip’s funeral last April when he flew over briefly from their new home in the US. But their contact would have been limited because of Covid restrictions.

He has since launched a High Court legal action against the Home Office claiming it is too dangerous to bring his family to the UK after being stripped of his official Metropolitan Police protection.

It is not known how the couple arrived – whether they took a private jet or flew in commercially – but their presence is the talk of locals on the Windsor estate, the Mail understands.

They arrived incognito on Wednesday and are believed to have stayed at Frogmore Cottage, the home they have kept on despite quitting the UK where Princess Eugenie and her family currently stay, overnight.

They are not believed to have their children, Archie and Lilibet with them.

The couple have since flown to Europe to attend the prince’s Invictus Games, the Paralympic-style event he set up for wounded service personnel, at The Hague which opens on Saturday. 

Source: Read Full Article