WASHINGTON — White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany, peppered with a slew of questions on the transfer of power in her first press briefing since the election, gave no time frame but insisted that litigation challenging the results first needs to be resolved.
Speaking to reporters in the Brady Briefing Room on Friday, McEnany said the constitutional process needed to play out as President Trump’s re-election campaign fights the vote count in court and denied claims that federal agencies had been warned not to cooperate with the incoming Biden administration.
“I will leave it to the campaign on how to proceed but the president has made it very clear that he wants every vote to be counted and no illegal votes to be counted,” McEnany said at her first briefing since Oct. 1.
“There are very real claims out there that the campaign is pursuing,” she went on, reminding the public that 74 million Americans voted for Trump, a record-breaking number for a sitting president that was still dwarfed by the 79 million ballots cast for President-elect Joe Biden.
“These claims deserve to be pursued,” she said. “We will wait for that litigation to play out.”
Trump has refused to concede the election after the race was called for Biden on Nov. 7, citing widespread fraud and a conspiracy to steal the election from him.
Source: Read Full Article