Dad, 40, stabbed to death 'defending teen son' in London bus row named as 42-year-old man is held on suspicion of murder

A HERO dad stabbed to death in front of his teenage son after stepping in to protect him during a row on a London bus has been named.

Michael Olatunde Fadayomi – known as Tunde – died after being knifed in the entrance of the Grill King takeaway on High Road, Willesden, north-west London at around 5pm yesterday.

The 40-year-old had boarded the bus near his family home after being called by his teenage son to say he was being threatened by a fellow passenger on his way to football training.

The row spilled out onto the street where the dad-of-one was attacked in front of shocked onlookers.

Eye-witnesses described hearing the teenager shout "no, no" as his dad was stabbed and collapsed to the ground.

Paramedics and an off-duty junior doctor battled to save the father but he was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later.

A 42-year-old man, from Willesden, has since been arrested on suspicion of murder.

Mr Fadayomi, who worked for the Department of Work and Pensions and as a football coach at AFC Wembley, was described as a 'family man' who was 'always smiling' by heartbroken relatives.

A family friend told The Sun today: "I think there was an incident on the bus then it led to the street.

Did you witness the incident? Contact The Sun newsdesk on 0207 782 4368 or e-mail [email protected]

"I think his son was going to football training. His dad was working from home.

"He was his only son, his son lived with him. He was a local man, everyone knew him.

"He was friendly, amazing smile. He was someone you could tell your problems to, he always wanted to help, like if people didn't have jobs.

"He was a really nice guy, everyone loved him. He was a big Arsenal fan. Everyone knew him as Tunde. It just hasn't sunk in."

One heartbroken family member wrote on Twitter: "RIP Uncle Tunde. You deserved better. I’m so sorry."

Friend Daryl Jman added: "So shocked and heart broken such a brilliant man heart of gold you will forever be missed. Justice must be found!"

Shandy Jaikaran said: "One of the nicest guys you could ever meet. Not a bad bone in him. He did what any dad would do."

Dental nurse Tracey Dolling, 43, who rushed across the road to help Mr Fadayomi after the attack, told The Sun: "I did CPR. It's very, very sad. Awful. Absolutely devastating.

"The boy had some problems on the bus with someone, he called his dad, his dad came down and that's what happened. Murdered.

"He had no chance. We were telling him to stay with us, but he was going."

Dolore Abileid, 29, who works in a nearby bakery, said: "I heard a teenage boy. He was screaming 'No, no, call the ambulance'.

"He was maybe 16. He was very upset. By the time I noticed there were people helping, I think CPR."

Ambia Thevathasan, 54, a pharmacy manager, said: "There were so many people here. We heard some children coming from school.

"It was very crowded. There was screaming, and children screaming and running."

A 55-year-old shop worker who saw the aftermath, said: "I saw the blood inside the fast food shop. I could see him laying on the floor. He was shivering.

"His son was running around, he was angry. He was ringing mum as well.

"He was angry because his dad was dying."

Police and paramedics were called to reports of a stabbing shortly after 5.10pm.

Two buses remain inside a police cordon today and forensics officers are combing the scene for evidence.

Met Police DCI Claire Hine said: "Foremost in our thoughts are the victim and his family, who are coming to terms with his very sudden and violent loss. My specialist officers are providing them with support at this very sad time.

"At this early stage in our investigation we believe the incident started on a Route 260 bus. It continued out onto the High Road and into a fast food shop in front of a number of horrified onlookers in the street, and on the bus.

"We've spoken to a number of people who have told us what they saw, but there are others who have yet to make contact. I would ask those witnesses to call us, so that we can fully establish the chain of events that has led to a man losing his life in such a horrific way.

"I'd also like to acknowledge that this incident would no doubt have caused incredible panic and alarm to the people who saw it. There are resources available via Victim Support ( that can help you if you need to speak to someone."

    Source: Read Full Article