TYSON FURY has been called out by Otto Wallin for a December 5 rematch.
The Swede heavyweight left Fury requiring 47 stitches after their fight in September 2019.
And with the Gypsy King searching for an opponent to face in the UK before the end of the year, Wallin believes he has earned another shot at the unbeaten champion.
He said, per Boxing Scene: "I deserve a rematch based on my performance vs Fury last year.
"I did much better vs Fury than Wilder did, better than anybody who has faced Fury and I'm ready to take Wilder's place.
"I’ve been working very hard since last year and I believe I’ve improved with the experience from fighting Fury and with all the work I’ve put in since that fight.”
Fury, 32, suffered the gruesome two inch gash against Wallin, 29, following a hook in round three of their bloody Las Vegas bout.
The Gypsy King would go on to grind out a points win, before going on to challenge Deontay Wilder.
Fury then dethroned Wilder, 34, of the WBC title this February but has decided against fulfilling their contracted rematch.
Having already agreed a two-fight deal with Anthony Joshua, 30, for 2021, the 6ft 9in Brit wants to fight in December.
He has rejected the chance to face Wilder in January or February, to instead take a warm-up fight to prepare for unified king AJ.
With Fury in need of an opponent for his UK homecoming, Wallin has emerged as a potential candidate.
His promoter Dmitriy Salita said: “Who better than Otto Wallin, who gave Fury the toughest fight of his life?
“Otto is en-route to being heavyweight champion of the world.
“He gave Tyson Fury the hardest fight of his life by punches landed and damage administered inside the ring.
"Now with having fought in August he is ready to jump on this opportunity and prove he is the best in the world.”
Source: Read Full Article