AUSTRALIA are looking to secure one of the two remaining slots at World Cup 2022 in Qatar.
And in order to do that, they must win two play-off matches in the Middle Eastern country.
The Socceroos are first facing the United Arab Emirates in the Asian play-off for the right to take on Peru in next week's inter-confederation play-off.
Graham Arnold's men were pretty dismal at the decisive moments in their World Cup qualifying group, with a 2-0 home defeat to Japan putting paid to their chances of reaching Qatar automatically.
Their opponents, UAE, have never reached a World Cup but are Asian Cup semi-finalists.
They reached this stage by edging out Iraq to finish in third position in their group behind Iran and South Korea.
READ MORE AUSTRALIA NEWS
Chelsea ace Kerr breaks Cahill’s record to become Australia’s top scorer
Leeds relegated XI and where they are now from Viduka’s coffee shop to Smith
What time does Australia vs UAE kick off?
- Australia vs UAE takes place on Tuesday, June 7.
- The match kicks off at 7pm UK time.
- That's 9pm local time, 10pm in the United Arab Emirates and 4am on Wednesday Canberra time.
- Last time the sides met, the United Arab Emirates secured a 1-0 home win in the 2019 Asian Cup quarter-final.
What TV channel is Australia vs UAE on and can I live stream it?
- Australia vs UAE will not be live on UK television.
- However, you will be able to legally stream the match with OneFootball.
- Viewers in Australia can watch the game live on Channel 10.
Can I watch Australia vs UAE for free?
- Yes. OneFootball is FREE for all UK viewers.
- Channel 10 is also free for those watching Down Under.
Tom Rogic has been ruled out of this game in a bitter blow for the Aussies.
That means former Huddersfield star Aaron Mooy is likely to start alongside Blackpool's Kenny Dougall in the midfield.
Up front, Graham Arnold will have to choose between sticking with Melbourne Victory's Nicholas D'Agostino or starting with Melbourne City's Jamie MacLaren.
UAE manager Rodolfo Arruabarrena has no such dilemma and is almost certain to start the nation's all-time record scorer Ali Mabhkout up front.
Eisa Khalid has recently dislodged 69-cap Ali Khasif in goal and things are expected to stay this way for the play-off.
To win in 90 minutes
To qualify for the inter-confederation play-off
*Odds from Betfair correct as of Monday, June 6
Most read in Sport
Watch Perez dance with mystery women in Monaco as F1 star apologises to wife
Michael Owen said marriage was sham & begged me for nude pics, says BB star
Billi & Andy Carroll's wedding guests asked VERY awkward question at altar
Martin Tyler apologises for saying Ukraine's injured Bushchan must 'soldier on'
Source: Read Full Article