THE Boca Juniors squad spent the night at a police station following a post-match RIOT with Atletico Mineiro in Brazil.
Boca lost 3-1 on penalties to Atletico after playing out a goalless draw in their Copa Libertadores last 16 tie.
But the real chaos came after the game when Boca then proceeded to attack the Atletico dressing room.
According to ESPN, members of the squad spat and attacked police officers as well as the Mineiro team.
Peruvian defender Carlos Zambrano and Colombian striker Sebastian Villa were both booked by the military police in the aftermath of the brawl.
But instead of the duo going to the police station alone, the entire Boca team decided to come with them to spend the night.
“If the two stay, we stay two. Let's go all or none”, said coach Miguel Ángel Russo.
A police officer told Boca officials: "The security forces have to take legal action.
"Employees of the Boca Juniors team have accompanied the internal cameras with us.
"So far, they have identified two Boca players in crimes of property damage."
Former Manchester United defender Marcos Rojo was one player spotted in the midst of the riot.
The 31-year-old Argentine can be seen picking up a fire extinguisher and holding it as a weapon.
Atletico Mineiro gave their version of events on Twitter following the remarkable brawl.
The club said: "After the game, Boca athletes went down the tunnel and went to the visitors' locker room. A few minutes later, players and the coaching staff of the Argentine team left the venue and, in a block, headed towards the referees' locker room.
"Security guards from Galo and Mineirão tried, unsuccessfully, to contain them. The Argentines then decided to invade Galo's locker room, where there were players, commission and board. Even President Sérgio Coelho tried to prevent the invasion to protect Atlético professionals.
"On the way, they attacked everyone they came across, in addition to breaking drinking fountains and protective railings.
"The MP [military police] arrived after some time and drove off the attackers with pepper spray.
"The balance was of injured people, fortunately without any seriousness. There was even an attempt to attack Atlético's football director, Rodrigo Caetano, with an iron bar.
"The MP gave arrest to some players and members of Boca's technical committee.
"After a long negotiation, brokered by [Atletico Mineiro] President Sérgio Coelho, the Argentine delegation went to the police station to register an incident report for depredation of property and aggression. Nobody will be detained."
It has not yet been confirmed by the police how many players have been indicted following the incident.
Even the consul of Argentina in Belo Horizonte went to the stadium to try and resolve the fracus but he could not prevent the players from being booked by police.
The Boca players are now expected to return to Argentina on Wednesday.
⚽ Read our Transfer news live blog for the very latest rumours, gossip and done deals
Source: Read Full Article