10.30pm Boxing news LIVE: Joshua promises Ruiz trilogy, AJ to earn £66m in Saudi Arabia, Fury eye ‘completely healed’ – The Sun

THE countdown is well and truly on for Anthony Joshua's massive rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr.

As well as the big fight in the desert, there's plenty to look forward to in 2020 as Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder remain on a collision course after the Bronze Bomber's dramatic win over Luis Ortiz.

Meanwhile, Dillian Whyte will face Mariusz Wach on the Anthony Joshua vs Andy Ruiz undercard.

And one of boxing's greats, Manny Pacquiao, will make his long-awaited return against either Shawn Porterm Danny Garcia or Mikey Garcia.

Follow all the gossip from the world of boxing below…

 

  • HERE'S the lowdown on the odds ahead of Saturday's mammoth clash.

  • JOHNNY NELSON believes Anthony Joshua has recovered from the shock of being beaten by Andy Ruiz Jr.

    The former cruiser-weight champion says AJ has learned from the errors he made when losing his heavyweight titles in the surprise loss to Ruiz last time out.

    He feels Joshua is aware he underestimated Ruiz and expects the 30-year-old to be greater prepared ahead of Saturday's fight.

    He told GQ: “I think he can handle it. If he had been knocked out cold, flat on his back, it would have been bad, but what happened with AJ was that he got caught with a shot because he wasn't prepared.

    “He didn't believe he would be hit like that and he took Ruiz for granted and paid the price. I have spoken to him and he knows what he did wrong.

    “More importantly he knows what he has to do to put it right. He has all the tools to beat Andy Ruiz Jr.”

  • THE choice of venue for Saturday night has drawn harsh criticism due to Saudi Arabia's human rights record.

    Both Joshua and Ruiz have, however, maintained they are more than happy to be fighting in the country.

    Joshua described thevenue for the fight in Diriyah as the “Mecca of boxing” during the press conference for the meeting with Ruiz.

  • DILLIAN WHYTE says he is more than prepared for his bout on Saturday's undercard after taking the fight on short notice.

    He says he took little convincing when it came to accepting a clash with Mariusz Wach and is relishing getting in the ring on Saturday night.

  • MUCH has been made of Anthony Joshua's less bulky physique in the build up to his second encounter with Andy Ruiz.

    It's no secret that AJ wanted to slim down and he will head into the fight weighing less than the 17st 9lbs he clocked up before the first encounter.

    And the 30-year-old says his streamlined build will give him a powerful edge in Saudi Arabia.

    “I may be less than 17 stone,” he told BBC Sport.

    “I'm punching loose and heavy – rhythm and flow,” the 30-year-old added. “Before I was trying to bench-press a house. I used my body to get where I needed but then I started realising the sweet science of the sport.

    “I am punching like a horse kicking backwards right now.”

Source: Read Full Article