Womans boobs suffer 3rd-degree burns after she collapses into boiling pan

Sign up for Daily Star Hot Topics newsletter for the most exciting real life, fashion and sex tips HOT off the press

A woman who fainted into a pan of boiling water has spoken out after suffering third-degree burns to her boobs.

Abbie Reynolds collapsed and partially fell into a pan of boiling chicken while her pal was cooking dinner on October 12, 2020.

Thankfully the 29-year-old's housemate Margaret Williams, 30, was also in the kitchen and witnessed the freak accident.

Quick thinking Margaret dragged Abbie out of danger as she slipped into unconsciousness.

She did not come around despite the "excruciating pain" from her skin "melting away" on her breasts, chest and arms.

Margaret stripped Abbie's jumper off which was soaked in boiling water and called for an ambulance.

Two minutes later Abbie came around and ran from the room after she was pumped with adrenaline.

Her housemates chased after her to try and remove her bra while waiting for paramedics to arrive.

Abbie was rushed to MedStar Washington Hospital, US, where she underwent three surgeries.

She initially had Recell surgery where a small graft of skin was put into a buffering solution and sprayed back onto her.

  • London's thinnest home on the market £795k has been listed for two months

But this was unsuccessful and she went on to have two traditional skin graft surgeries.

After 20 days in hospital, Abbie went home where she learnt to accept her burns and embrace her new body image.

She said: "It was a life altering experience. I'll never be the same person I was physically or mentally prior to the accident.

"That's a really difficult thing to accept."

Abbie, from Louisiana, now living in California, had been talking to Margaret when she struggled to keep up with the chat.

Her vision went blurry, and she started to see "black spots" which she was unable to blink away.

She added: "Margaret told me to go and sit down. The last thing I remember is walking towards the living room.

"But I stopped and turned to look back at the microwave that was above the stove. I blacked out and collapsed into the food."

  • Mum admits she was a 'tw*t' to blag NHS nose job after docs save life during childbirth

Margaret pulled Abbie's unconscious body out of the pan and laid her on the kitchen floor.

Abbie detailed: "It was excruciating. I thought I was going to die.

"I've never experienced anything so painful and I honestly don't think I ever will again. Not even childbirth will be as painful.

"Once I'd had time to process what had happened, I felt dread. Once I was over the shock, I realised that I'd be in for a long ride."

  • 'Drunk' woman takes home magpie after night out – and it climbs into bed with her

Want all the biggest Lifestyle news straight to your inbox? Sign up for our free Daily Star Hot Topics newsletter

Abbie was discharged and able to go home on November 1 last year.

Now she is finally coming to terms with her terms.

She concluded: "It's made me realise how much time I wasted worrying about small stupid imperfections.

"But it's forced me to be kinder to myself and to appreciate my body for all the wonderful things it's done for me."

  • In the News

Source: Read Full Article