- The viral Orolay Thickened Down Jacket — often referred to as simply "the Amazon coat" is down 20% to $111.99 as part of Amazon Prime Day 2020.
- Multiple members on our team love this coat for its multiple pockets, zipper sides, and warm interior.
- The Orolay Jacket is a slightly flared, quilted winter jacket with 90% white duck down filler — and, even without a sale, it's reasonably priced. It's not great for extreme cold, but it's a cozy option for walking from your car to your destination.
- We named it the best affordable women's winter coat in our buying guide.
- Sign up for Insider Reviews' weekly newsletter for more buying advice and great deals.
This year, the Orolay Thickened Down Jacket — or, as most of us probably know it as, "the Amazon coat" — is marked down to $111.99 – making it 20% off.
It's also worth noting that Prime Day falls in October this year rather than mid-July — a convenient time to commit to a new winter coat exactly when you start to need it.
The Orolay Thickened Down Jacket has a slightly flared silhouette with large side-pockets, decorative zipper pulls, a roomy hood, and a high-low hem. Plus, it's actually warm, with a quilted outer material and 90% white duck down filler — and, even without a sale, it's reasonably priced for the quality. It's not the winter coat you'll want to wear in extreme cold, but it's certainly cozy enough for temps just above freezing. And it's worth mentioning that it is not waterproof, so you'll probably want something else for rainstorms or intense snow.
Senior editor Jada Wong, who bought the green version during last year's Prime Day event, says "the Orolay coat basically looks like a puffy cocoon coat, which is exactly what you want when it's 30 degrees and snowing outside, and you'll definitely look like the Michelin Man when you wear it. The jacket is warm and cozy, easy to wear over thick sweaters and two layers of tights, and has a giant hood that stays put, so who really cares if it's flattering?"
Editor Maria Del Russo is also a fan, noting how well the coat fits. "I love the fact that there are elastic cuffs on the sleeves so that the cold doesn't sneak up your arms. The coat also feels more expensive than it actually is," she says. And if you're worried about it feeling too tight to walk comfortably, don't — there are zips on the side that expand if you need more room for your stride.
If you're looking for a longer style, Orolay also has also discounted a knee-length quilted down jacket.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Reviews team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article