‘I’m not dead!’ Kenny Rogers lashes out at wild rumours he’s at death’s door

Kenny Rogers has hit back at wild rumours he's at death's door, insisting he plans to stick around for 'years to come'.

Earlier this week it was claimed the 80-year-old music legend was being cared for 24/7 and that "death is looming" amid a supposed battle with bladder cancer.

But the star's team have taken the unusual step of releasing a statement to insist he's just fine.

"Due to recent wild misinformation and speculation from several media outlets, we are issuing the following statement on behalf of Kenny Rogers," it read.


"Kenny was recently admitted to a local Georgia hospital and treated for dehydration. Rogers will remain there to complete some physical therapy to get his strength back prior to discharge.

"He appreciates the concern and well wishes he has received from his fans and can assure everyone he plans on sticking around through the years to come."

On May 29, US gossip site Radar Online claimed he cancelled his 2018 farewell tour after being diagnosed with bladder cancer and had started selling off his assets and saying his last goodbyes.


“He’s a lot sicker than he’s ever let on to the public — or even to his friends,” a family friend said.

He was even said to have called long-time friend Dolly Barton to say farewell.

The insider continued, "Dolly begged him to join her to try to write some songs. But even a short drive was too much for him. “He literally could no longer stand for more than a few minutes at a time!”

Source: Read Full Article